Wednesday, March 25, 2009

mt. dew and a sleeping pill - a lovely combination

It's the night before the night before I leave.

My bags are re-packed and sitting in the other room (partly so I won't trip over them and break something vital and not be able to go -not in the ten year plan haha-, partly because they're in the way as I try  to finish packing up my room, partly because I keep finding more stuff to stuff into them, and partly because I don't want to look at them anymore:-) 

Tomorrow Mom and I will finish packing up all of my earthy belonging that are not nailed down or coming with me so they will be out of Mom and Dad's way when I'm gone. (I have too much stuff-btw) Hopefully I'll also finish my scrapbook tomorrow. It is on the list of things that I really, really, really, really, want to take with me but don't know that i'll have room for and might have to have shipped. The rest of the list includes: my bible (mom said she's send it with the rest of my literature-type stuff, but I really don't want to be without it), the rest of my dvds (they wouldn't all fit on my hard-drive), mr. bear.- he might just have to be crammed into my carry-on. I know- i'm 20 years old, but it is MR. BEAR. he really needs to go.

All of the things that I want to take but don't have room for are quite sad.  Some of the other k-17s whose blogs i've read have talked about how all of their stuff was less than 55lbs, less than 60lbs, or had enough spare room to take a tent... or a camping stove (there are apparently camping enthusiasts in our group- how awesome is that?) Me, on the other hand: I have two bags. One is 45lbs the other is 49lbs. huh?How did this happen? AND I'm having almost ALL of my winter clothes shipped to me! I don't have enough room for my shoes. I know... I'm a fairly materialistic person, but I cut down my clothes by half... TWICE!!! I'm really not taking THAT much stuff, I promise.  It just seems like a TON and I can't find anything else that I can take out and leave here.

le sigh. 

I guess that is enough ranting about packing. (I re-did it today. Packing is every bit as frustrating the 14th time as it is the 1st.)

Oh well, I guess i'd better head to bed. The sleeping pill is finally kicking in to shut down my brain so it will shuddup already.

'nite!

Love from KY,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment