Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If it snows again, I will probably cry.

I haven't written in a few days mostly due to the fact that nothing
has happened for a few days. Don't believe me? The most noticeable
things of the past week:
I got a package from home with starbucks Christmas blend coffee and
made a home made latte.
About half of my classes got cancelled or rearranged last week because
of our decathlon.
Yesterday was a holiday: "Defenders of the Fatherland Day," or "Man's Day."
I almost finished with the crocheted blanket for heidi—my second in country.
I cracked my host dad up by cheering for the US hockey team rather
enthusiastically.
The big news: It rained! This means that it is warm enough to not
snow. My roads are now slush, but I can deal with that.
And the main reason that I am writing today was because something
happened today. I caused an uproar at school How did I do this? I wore
shoes (flats) instead of boots. And I wore tights instead of thermals.
It wasn't a big uproar, but all the teachers asked me "aren't you
cold?" or "where are your boots?" "aren't you gonna get sick?" but my
favorite came from apa "Are you crazy?" haha Today is sunny and warm
(mind you that my descriptions of warm and cold are COMPLETELY
different from what they once were- by "warm" of course, I mean "I can
walk the 200M to the school without becoming a human ice cube on the
way.") I am not going to get sick from wearing flats instead of boots,
not when I'm outside for such a short period of time. And leaving the
house without thermals was amazing! I'd forgotten what that felt like.
Of course, being completely honest, the fact that the shoes in
question were red, might have contributed to the uproar a wee bit
since they are so noticeable. Yes, I bought red shoes in Kyrgyzstan.
They are my favorite pair that I have bought in country, and yes, that
implies that I have bought more than one pair of shoes here. shuddup.
I guess that the PC has not cured my shoe fetish haha.

That really is all that I have to say. I fear we might have reached
the point in my service where blogs become less frequent because
nothing exciting is happening. We shall see…

Miss you
Love from Kyrgyzstan,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. ONLY ONE PAIR OF SHOES????? My goodness, how can you DO that? :-P LOL you've seen my closet. I would never survive. More power to ya.

    ReplyDelete