Monday, February 1, 2010

randomness of this week

It is only monday and this is already a great week. A lot better than last monday anyway.

Here are a few random things:

1. Holy cow! It is February. When did this happen?
2. I am getting taken advantage of, and I love it. My girls' club girls have convinced me that we need a slumber party, a valentine's day party, and a monthly dance party. (i talked that one down from a weekly idea)
3. Teachers' English Club on Monday. Two English clubs on Tuesday, Girl's Club on Wednesday, and knitting circle on Friday. I'm doing it again.... I need to learn to say know, but I like saying yes too much.
4. One of my ninth grade boys came to school holding a rag to his eye that he wouldn't take off. While I was talking to my Zavuch, he came in and asked if he could go home early because his eye hurt. We asked him what happened, and made him show us. He had a spectacular black eye that was swollen shut. We asked him again, what happened, and he most unwillingly told us that his sister punched him. His sister is my favorite 11th grade girl. I love it! It has been cracking me up all day how embarrassed he was that his sister blacked his eye.
5. I'm teaching my host aunt to make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. mmmm
6. My host dad told me that the weather is starting to get warmer. It was only -20 today. ONLY. MINUS. TWENTY. sigh...
7. I found a yellow bell pepper today at the bazaar. The biggest problem I am facing in my life right now is trying to decide how to eat it. Life is good.

miss you
love from Kyrgyzstan.
jess

No comments:

Post a Comment