Saturday, May 2, 2009

29 April Part II: PERMANENT SITE PLACEMENT!!!

29 April 2009 PART 2

Okay, I know I have two posts for April 29, but I got massive big news today and felt that this post deserved to be on its own.

Are you ready?

I GOT MY PERMANENT SITE PLACEMENT!

Drumroll please….

I’m going to Issk-kul!

Issk-kul (it translates to hot lake) is one of the biggest mountain lakes in the world and I’m going to be living next to it for the next two years!!! I’m on the china-side of the lake, not the Bishkek side.

It’ll be awesome!

I’ll be the first PCV at my site. They’ve been trying to get a volunteer for a few years and now they get me! I’ll be teaching 7-11th grade at a school with 300 students. My village is very small, which I’m hoping will make integrating easier.

Issk-kul is one of the most moderate oblasts (an oblast is like the Kyrgyz equivalent of a state) temperature wise. It doesn’t get the -40 or 120 because the lake helps to regulate the temperature. Yay!

I meet my new host family in a few weeks and then travel to the village to see it and meet people, then finish PST (pre-service training) and move some time in June.

Guess who’s super excited!

Love from the girl who is soon to be moving to “God’s gift to Kyrgyzstan”
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment