Friday, July 31, 2009

oh! what a beautiful morning!

calam!

I hope you are all doing fantastically!

The weather today is amazing.

I spent the last week at a my site mate's summer camp. best. camp. ever. I am totally stealing all of his ideas and putting them into my own camp next summer.
We did a training of trainers the first day, and taught only 6 kids, who taught the lessons to the other 20ish the next day. They did such a fantastic job! It really works toward sustainability doing it that way. Then, Wednesday-Friday we did community service projects, by cleaning up the beaches at the lake. We spent an hour or two picking up trash, then the kids cooked lunch and played in the water.

It was cold and rainy on wednesday, but thursday and friday were perfect!
I'm going to post pictures when I get them from Mike.

There are a bunch of pcvs in the city this weekend. A lot of the K15s are leaving in the next few weeks, so they're having a goodbye celebration. It really sucks. Being here, you get to be friends really quickly, and between the way that Issyk-kul Oblast has been bleeding volunteers, what with the K17s ETing, and the K15s COSing (close of service)... people leaving really sucks.

Anyways, I don't have a ton to say today, but i'll try to get back on and post pictures of the camps soon.

Miss you!
Love from Kyrgyzstan,
jess

p.s. my 21st b-day is t-5 days! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment