Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am the Pizza Queen. haha

12 July 2009

I have a food baby.

It is after 11pm on Sunday. I have to go to bed soon because I need to get up early to finish prepping for my English Clubs, and because I’m exhausted, but I wanted to jot this down before I forget anything.

I just ate The. Best. Pizza. Ever. And, I made it from scratch. Actually, I made FOUR pizzas and garlic bread from scratch. I’m quite proud of myself, and stuffed, hence the food baby. I ate four slices of the best veggie pizza that I’ve had in a really long time. Peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Mmmm all that was missing was pineapple, but is really expensive right now. I didn’t have to loosen my belt; I had to take off my belt. Haha I think the pizza was a hit with the family, too. My littlest host sister and my host mom helped me make it, and I think they had fun. My host mom, two of my host sisters, my host brother, host aunt, and three host cousins, and I all ate until we were stuffed, and had pizza left over. My host dad and the two guys that were helping him cut hay today also came and ate some pizza. The veggie pizza wasn’t the biggest hit. (there is an underappreciation of vegetables here) but the sausage pizzas are GONE. Granted, my host brother and host cousin only ate the sausage, but that’s okay. Most of the younger kids picked the veggies off and ate the bread, the same as back home. BUT, there is veggie pizza leftover, and I’m really hoping I can have it for breakfast tomorrow. Just like in college! Haha

My little host brother is so naughty! He had to change clothes about four times today because he likes to play in the water outside of our house and gets soaked. It is kinda funny. Today he was being naughty while my host mom was in the garden and he kept yelling “APA!!” over and over again. My host mom yelled “EMHE?” (“emnye”) which means “what” in Kyrygz, and it sounded JUST. LIKE. Every irritated mom in the states who yells, “what?” to her kids when they scream her name for no reason. It made me smile.

In other news:
- Another volunteer from my oblast E.T.ed. That makes 5 out of 13 to leave. I think my oblast is the only oblast that has had people E.T. since we got sworn in. Before we got sworn in, the running joke was that the “flight risks” got sent to Issyk-kul because it is so pretty. I guess it wasn’t a joke.

- I realized today as I was buying more units for my phone that I’m on track to spend more on my phone than I do on my rent. Le sigh.

- I found paper clips at the bazaar today!!! I heart paperclips. I also got flipchart paper, and these two great posters with clothes and vegetables with the Russian words for them that I replaced with the English words! YAY me! Haha

- I got bit (or stung… I never know which is right) by a yellow jacket yesterday. I followed the Kyrgyz remedy and put vodka on it. IT WORKED!

- I have a hideous, black lung type cough. I’ve had it for two weeks now and have progressed to the wheezing stage. If I don’t feel better soon, I’m gonna call the PCMO and get some meds.

- I am going to try to be like my sister and do my laundry tomorrow before it builds back up because apparently she “does it every time there is one load” or something like that. But unlike my sister, I have to haul my water to wash my clothes, so there is considerably more work involved for me, and I don’t like doing laundry when I don’t have to haul the water, thus, I procrastinate. (a.k.a. you can kiss it, Jordan. Haha :-P)

Oh, and there’s less than a month until I turn 21!!! Not that 21 is a big deal or anything here. I mean 11 year olds can buy alcohol and I don’t drink in my village anyway, but still it’s a birthday! YAY! I’m making a promise to myself since my 20th, 21st, and 22nd birthdays were, or will be abroad, my 23rd birthday I will celebrate at home, with my family and friends… unless someone wants to take me somewhere awesome for my 23rd birthday, haha.

Alrighty,
It’s technically tomorrow here now, which means at home it’s like…. Okay never mind, I’m not even gonna attempt the time difference. Thank goodness I’m not a math teacher, bahaha

Miss you,
Love from the “pizza queen” of Kyrgyzstan,
Jess



The finished product.


Baking.

1 comment:

  1. im sorry, i know your pizza was dericious and all, but it looks gross hahaha. and you can kiss it too, cause YOU do not have to pick dried, stuck on, marshamallows, apple, any other kind of fruit, and spend 45 mins shouting all your clothes before you wash them. lol

    ReplyDelete