Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"It's like a meat gummy bear"

I’M IN KYRGYZSTAN!!!!

The flights over were all okay. I’m safely tucked away in a hotel in Bishkek right now, and plan to post this tomorrow when we venture out into the city for the first time.

I also meet my host family tomorrow, which is uber exciting!!!

I’ve been staying really busy, learning a ton, and having a lot of fun.

Training will get more intense the next few weeks, and I’m not sure how frequently I’ll be able to access internet, but that does not excuse you from emailing me. I need a full inbox when I am able to check my email. :-D

I’ve been assigned to the Kyrgyz language learning group (along with about 90% of us). It is kind of tough, but not as tough as Russian apparently. (At least that’s what I’ve been told) We’ve been given a crash course- pretty much just enough to introduce ourselves to our host families, then we start over with the basics (i.e. the alphabet)

It is almost midnight here, and getting up at 6am for a showerbath before breakfast is not going to be fun, so I’m gonna end here for now.

I’ll try to post a more descriptive blog soon.

Miss you all!

Love from KYRGYZSTAN!!!
Jess

p.s. The title of this blog is attributed to Max, one of my fellow (and awesome) K-17s. A lot of us are adjusting to the food, and the meat here is fattier than what were are used to. Haha
p.p.s will post pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU ALREADY!! but im so glad you posted so I know you are safe and sound! I'm glad you are having fun, and I hope you got my email about Kris getting into UL!!! We move in less than a month!! Miss you, LY!
    Jordan Kris and Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESSICOE I HEART YOU AND MISS YOU!!!!

    I am so happy you are in the KR safe and sound with nice people and are having fun <3

    Just got back from Egypt/Jordan, so I will try to send you an email with a reduced-quality pic or two, since I don't know what your FB access situation is like.

    ReplyDelete