Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Ipod has ESP

13 April 2010

These are all from songs that have popped up on my I tunes shuffle
today. The song might not really relate, but one or two of the lyrics
just popped out of the song. If you can tell me which song all of the
lyrics come from, you'll get a gold star. Haha


So the last week, at first I was all like, "I don't think that I can
take another empty moment; I don't think that I could fake another
hollow smile,"(1) I was all depressed and the weather seemed to be
reflecting the mood of the country, so I was all "Grey skies, clouding
up the things we used to see with wide eyes, maybe everything was
meant to be this way, will it ever change? Or are we stuck here on our
own?"(2) I got super frustrated was a cross between "We can close the
curtains; pretended like they're no world outside"(3) and "I thought
about leaving but I couldn't even get out of bed. I'm hanging cuz I
couldn't get a ride out of town, now anyone who really wanted me to be
down, come 'round."(4) It was not a good week for my mood. It was
kinda of "tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself, where did it all go
wrong but the list goes on and on."(5)
Then the thought hit me that the world just goes on anyway, no matter
what you want, and I was very much "The storm maker says it ain't so
bad, the dream maker's gonna make you mad, the space man says
everybody look down, it's all in your mind."(6) and "You can't jump
the tracks, we're like cars on a cable, and life's like an hourglass
glued to the table."(7) with a bit of "got a pebble in my hand, and I
toss it out into the middle of the Rio Grande, but the river keeps
running, don't even know that I'm around, I could throw in a million
more and not slow it down."(8) thrown in. I went for a bunch of jogs
and walks to clear my head and was "we wanna walk a while, we know
that every mile brings us closer home"(9), and "I guess my feet know
where they want me to go, walking down a country road."(10) and
"bye-bye high life, feels like the right time to say so long, keep on
going strong and I'll just keep on being gone"(11) then I talked to
people and crossed between "shut up, I'm wrong, I know and we can't
talk about it."(12) and "I want someone to know me, maybe tell me who
I am"(13) because I couldn't really talk about it and was super
stressed. Then, I talked my friends here who were all "If there is a
load you have to bear, that you can't carry, I'm right up the road,
I'll carry your load if you just call me."(14) Now I now know that I
have to just let things carry on and try not to stress about the
little things that I can't control and "come on now, now, enjoy the
humour of the situation."(15) when it is just the little stuff. The
big stuff isn't humorous at all, but I can't let the little stuff
build up. I also have to get back in the groove because "You never do
the things you want, if you don't go and get a job" (16) I'm not back
to 100% just yet, I'm more of "I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad, I've
got sunshine in a bag. I'm useless but not for long, the future is
coming on."(17) So, I'm preparing for my prom because "when the world
doesn't make no sense and you're feeling just a little too tense,
gotta loosen up those chains and dance."(18) and Saturday will be "the
night when I go to all the parties down my street, I wash my hair and
kid myself I look real smooth"(19)

Hope you enjoyed the perks of my being crazy.
Miss you
Love from Kyrgyzstan,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment