Thursday, March 11, 2010

Unanswered Questions of The First Eleven Days of March.

How is it that the tape, which refuses to hold my map to the wall,
will hold the map to itself and make it impossible to unstuck?

What did I do differently in today's eight grade class that allowed
them to understand the simple present tense, when the last five
lessons didn't stick? Is the sixth try the charm?

Why is it that the days that I go to bed early, the power doesn't go
out, but the days that I want to stay up late, the power goes out
early?

Is the amount of eggs that I am eating in a desperate attempt to get
protein really gonna give me high cholesterol? (thanks mom for putting
that in my head)

Why do I never buy enough yarn, and why do they never have the same
shade twice in a row? (getting ¾ of the way through a project, only to
not have enough yarn to finish it and being unable to buy more of the
same color really sucks)

Why did I never like television until I came to Kyrgyzstan?
(seriously, psych? Burn notice? How I met your mother? – How did I not
know about these until I got to the middle of central asia?)

What is the Kyrgyz word for smart-alek? (I mean, I could do clever
donkey, but the effect just isn't the same.)

Why are the seasons messed up? Fall felt like spring, spring feels
like fall, and winter was just hell.

What happened to our geese? (I know the answer to that one- but I just
don't want to think about it. Except for that one really obnoxious
goose, I'm thrilled they ate him.)

Should I be worried about an eleven day sinus infection that won't go away?


That's all for now.
Miss you.
Love from Kyrgyz-finally-getting-warmer-stan
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! We are inviting KG PCV blog writers to join the facebook group: Any news from Kyrgyzstan?

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112673818749885

    Please join and spread the word. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I loooooveeee psych and burn notice. Except psych used to be kinda campy, and when they renewed it this year, it got kinda serious with a side of humor. I don't know how I feel about it yet. I know we talked about your lack of news tonight... if you can get your hands on some recent Daily Show episodes, you'll see the insanity that is our country right now.

    ReplyDelete