Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Picture Blog

I'm spending about a gazillion dollars uploading all of these pics, so I hope you enjoy! (and by a gazillion I mean about 5, but that's a lot for me!)

A photo blog:

I went to a summer camp the last week of July. We spent the last three days picking up trash at local beaches. The first day it rained.

This is me picking up trash. Lovely, right?



The kids at the camps and all the trash we picked up in the rain the first day.



Part of the trash from the second day



All the trash and the kids at the second beach yes, those are beautiful mountains in the background. Jealous?



A sweet jumping picture at the beach!




Hollyhocks. I hate them. My least favorite flower and they follow me everywhere. Nana had them in KY. We moved to VA, and Dad had to plant them there. I went to China, they were there, too. And, they’re in Kyrgyzstan, too. Proof that God has a sense of humor. Why couldn’t it be daisies, or roses, or sunflowers, or and other flippin flower? Hahaha



Katie hosted a cookie making get together. She’s awesome. I think I ate more of the cookie dough than the cookies



And they were delicious cookies!



Last time I was in the city, I saw a double rainbow! That’s gotta be good luck, right?



My host sisters made me a sweet card for my b-day.



My host parents gave me this uber warm blanket.



My host aunt and cousin made Azeez and I awesome cakes for our mutual b-day. This was taken about .45 seconds before a bunch of little hands reached in and grabbed the raspberries. Haha



If you read the birthday blog, this is the delish eggplant salad thing I was talking about.



The pillow made by my grandmother.



The bouquet of flowers I got for my b-day.




Azeez and his new birthday bike. Ain’t he cute!



The Birthday Boy and Girl on our birthday.



And on Friday, My fourth graders gave me flowers, too! My room smells fantastic and looks so pretty!



Lynnie, a volunteer close to me and I share the same birthday, so we had a Mexican food themed party last night. Mmm veggie burritos with soy meat!! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment