Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Your Exit is Between Nausea and Barf

*the title of this blog is not a reference to an illness, actually i'm in great health right now. *knock on wood*

I had to fix my address, because I typed it a little wrong, but it is right now.

and finally....drumroll please....PICTURES!!!



Me on Culture Day, with my Kyrgyz vest. I didn't get the full get-up and got told that I looked more hippie than Kyrgyz. oh well. And, I'm inside of a yurt. niiice, right?


This is the 4,125,786,255th failed attempt at a self taken group picture, but I like it.


The georgous lake in my training village. Many afternoons have been passed here.



My host family


Some of the amazingly wonderful trainees in my village and our delicious burrito spread.


My House. Well, my gate.


The view of the mountains from the resevoir in my village. jealous much? haha


My little brother and our baby goat.


Some of the trainees and host family members from my village on culture day.

Ok, so while I don't have a lot of time to write, there are a few things I would like to share:

The next time I write, I'll be an actual volunteer, not a trainee!!!

And random funny thing to explain the title: In Bishkek when we catch a marshruka back to our village, we always know where to get off because of two signs. One is for a detergent and the other a beer. The detergent is "ВАРФ" and the beer is "НАШЕ." In our limited language, the detergent looks like "barf" and the beer is "nashe", which equals "nausea." Thus, we get off between barf and nausea. Kind of crude, I know, but also funny. Maybe this is one of those times where PCVs get the rep for talking about anything while we're in country and don't know how to moderate when we're not with other volunteers. I dunno, but I'm gonna share anyway. haha

Miss you all!
Love from the-almost-official-volunteer,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Awww Jess, the pics look great and I'm uber jealous about the mountain view!!!!! Miss you so much and I've got to get on the ball with a care package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! I think I might be posting a comment on your blog for the first time. Jordan has been tutoring me! I just printed the last entry for Nana. I LOVE the pics. YOu don't have pics of the NEW host village lake family etc yet right? Send as soon as possible! LEt me know if you actually get this!?!?!
    Love you too much to say!
    AP

    ReplyDelete