Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wow. It has been a while.

Patricia brought it to my attention that I’ve updated pictures on Facebook, but I haven’t updated my blog. Oops. I still have no idea who reads this beside my family and really close friends. So for anyone who I haven’t talked to in person lately… How about an update?

I’m going to make this like the spark notes version; super short and sweet.

I came home for vacation for almost all of July, and per the doctor’s suggestion, I didn’t think about Kyrgyzstan. I had a great time at home relaxing and visiting with my nephew and the rest of my family.
Highlights from the “visit” stage:
-meeting my new beagle puppy: (at PetSmart buying him a new toy Dad: we need to get copper a new indestructible toy. Me: What happened to the last indestructible toy? Dad: He destroyed it.)
-traveling to VA to visit friends
-broccoli, mama’s enchiladas, and other delicious food things

Moving on…
The night before I was supposed to go back, as I was packing (I know, right! ME, packing the night before as opposed to weeks in advance? Weird) I had a major breakdown- anxiety attack, etc. After a lot and I mean A LOT of soul searching, praying, crying, thinking, and discussing; I decided not to go back to Kyrgyzstan for the time being. I called PC staff and was able to take an Interruption of Service, which means I have the option of going back later (within a year).

I haven’t decided 100% about going back, Right now; it is looking like I won’t be going back. I am currently studying for the LSAT and working on Law School application, and hopefully, I’ll get into law school next fall.

I really do understand why they call Peace Corps, “The Hardest Job You’ll Ever Love.” I survived some of the most difficult months of my life, yet; (maybe perversely) I wouldn’t trade or change them for anything.

I don’t know if I’ll keep updating this blog, or not, Maybe I will, maybe I’ll start a new one for the next part of my life adventure (even though I have no idea where that will take me) Who knows?

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment