Thursday, May 20, 2010

Helloooo Beautiful.

I am in a great mood! It has been a while, I know. Maybe it is the
fourth cup of coffee that I'm currently working toward, or my eighth
grade B class all earning fours on the test, or tomatoes being under
100som a kilo, or eggplant coming back in season, or the sunny
weather, or being able to wear skirts and open toed shoes and
t-shirts, or the awesome playlist I'm rocking out to, or maybe because
I haven't taken melatonin to sleep for almost a week. I think the side
effects of it were just too much for me. Depression or not sleeping? I
know which I'd choose. Maybe the combination of all these things is
responsible for my happy mood.

It has been a super rough couple of months, as I'm sure you all have
realized. But I think I am finally back to myself. It's taken a while,
with a lot of false starts, but I think this time it is for good. YAY!

Usually, when I haven't written for a while, I backtrack and try to
catch up on what has been going on, but really? Ew gross. Let's just
not. haha The now is so much better. I'm still working on my GRE prep,
but I'm going to try to avoid the "big words" in this blog. Haha (ly
jck) I realized that I'm taking the GRE's in July and that is coming
up super fast. I'm only SIX WEEKS away from my visit home! How
exciting is that!?!? I have to finish this week of school, and give
exams three days next week and then I'm done with school until
September. I wanted to do clubs, but exams go on until the 25th of
June and I'm leaving that day, so no clubs until I come back in
August. So. June, my dear, whatever shall I do with you? I'm going to
try to find a grant to get textbooks for next year, work on
presentations about Kyrgyzstan that I will do when I get home, and try
not to tire myself out too much going to the lake with my sisters. :-D

My plans to go to Osh to help Heidi with her camp got nixed. Going to
Osh for camps is now off limits due to the whole
"going-through-a-revolution" thing. I think I will do a bit more local
travel instead. I've traveled to all the oblasts already, so I think
I'll stick closer to home and maybe visit the new volunteers on day
trips. I think it'll be fun to go to other villages.

Well, I'm gonna go enjoy the pretty weather!
See you in six weeks!

Miss you
Love from Kyrgyzstan!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment